01 March 2011

If...you became Jane Doe #1001

Tonight, I viewed your emails by heart, skipping all the details and see ONLY what I want. Sweet memories. I knew, perhaps, I'd have cried if it was months back. Now... nothing hurts forever, not even betrayal, not even hatred. That begins the journey of my imagination, if you became Jane Doe, one day, without any prior notice, without saying goodbye, and *poff* away from my life just like that...1. I turned to see where I came from, what I had gone through and how I finally able to view the best scenery of life.Now I look around, I feel lonely without the girl I used to know.There's no longer anyone to share my happiness with. 
 2.Flipping through the photo album, I stopped at where we were smilling innocently and carefree, only realising that now you are even more carefree with the past you have forgotten. You lost me together with your memory, but I still miss you, the old you, more and more.
3. Door chimed in the Starbucks, looking up from my laptop, I see the face that appear in my life so much. Excited, I shouted at you to grab your attention for a cup of coffee together.Our eyes met. You just looked at me curiously with other customers, wondering who I am calling.
4.It was just a gathering, a supposedly happy one. Your name was mentioned, and the table was silent, for five minutes. Then the topic was changed.
5. I saw you in my office, they said you're new here. I squeezed through the crowd to introduce myself, and you smiled back at me, not unlike the first time we met.
6. A wedding invitation from you on my table, bride's maid: your cousin. When I showed up with my present, your husband was shocked and glad. "You were her best friend. I knew you'd still be.""It'd never be the same," I told myself.
7. The little baby was welcomed among the collegues. I was introduced to the baby as your manager, not his godmother.
8. ...

No comments:

Post a Comment