26 October 2011

The Wheels

I never thought I would do this again, cycling.

Recalling on the past, I have never cycle ever since I moved from my old house in George Town, and that was 13 years back. So maybe in some part of my body,  I knew how to cycle, just that the unfamiliarity had render me to be "afraid" of bicycles. Since I am living in an apartment, there aren't many chances to cycle especially when you don't own an bicycle.

So I stayed to be unable to cycle until last Saturday.

It was a sunny day, with signs of dark cloud hovering over the sky. We thought it'd rain since it'd been raining everyday over the past few weeks. It didn't. Weather stays clear when Jayn, Leroy, CC, Chai Yeen and I reached the botanical garden.

(I started to have a feeling of I am writing a primary school essay)



Of course it was no usual visit, because that day, I am going to officially ride on a bicycle again! It wasn't that easy at first, maintaining stability took a lot of my strength, Leroy's support and also the water content in my body =S After countless times of putting my feet on the floor after I am about to fall, the girls decided that I should learn how to ride on the bicycle, as in, put both my legs on the peddle without falling. That again, took multiple trials that I am afraid all my friends lost their patients.

The first success attempt came unexpectedly. With my face flaming red, my hand sweating hard - I started to ride on the bicycle to begin my training for the Nth times. CC was by my side, and when I successfully but my leg on the peddle without failing and started cycling, I had to shout out my mental notes to keep myself going "Do not stop peddling! Use your break to control!". I bet everyone around that afternoon heard that crazy, sweaty girl shouting in the botanical garden, with cheers and encouragement from my friends, for finally managed to overpower the fright and the bicycle!

Knowing how to cycle is great. But the greatness of it took me a lot of courage, because I am always afraid of falling and losing control. The happiness doesn't come easily also, my body ached for two days and now my leg still have around ten bruises on them. However, this is what we encounter in a learning process. We failed and failed and failed, we get injured in the process, but we have come to be more skilled of the knowledge. From this incident I realised two things, it is always you yourself that come into your way - your cowardice, your lack of confidence, your psychological barrier that prevent you from doing more and doing miracles. Secondly, the process of learning is always like rainbow after the storm, like harvest after labour, happy and satisfying.

I shall continue to practice to master in cycling.


No comments:

Post a Comment