02 July 2011

If I Die Young

I've been working with my ESLS investigation recently, a report about Harry Potter, my favourite book. :P
While reading Rowling's interview, I've had a lot of new insight, to the book, and also to life.
She said that Death is the most prominent theme throughout the series.

Harry is a wretched orphan, his icons? Messy black hair and round glasses. When was asked why is Harry wearing glasses, Rowling answered "I want to write about a hero who wear glasses". :)) Come to think of it, yes, we've never seen anyone saving the world in glasses yet: way to nerd :)) The story begins with a death, Harry's parents died to protect Harry. The climax is about death, witches and wizards dying to protect their home, Voldemort finally hitted by his own Avarda Kedabra. The epilogue is about peace, Harry's scar never hurt again.

Which makes me think a lot about Harry. Being a hero, a young one, how did he face death? I myself could not accept someone at my age dying; I could not imagine myself in a coffin *touch wood*; and I would not understand why some people chose to end their lives so easily.

I am not someone very courageous, I might choose to risk something, but certainly not my life. You might say I am cowardy, but I could not imagine myself, being so young, unable to enjoy life to the fullest, with unfulfilled dreams to die at the age of 19. I believe that every chance to live is a present, and every day I live is a blessing. However, some might say that it is "having short lifespan" that makes dreams beautiful. No one would persue all the things we are persueing if we have forever to spend.We treasure only those that end, someday. (which I think is a very bad habit, to always think what others have/what you don't have is better)

I only hope that I can live everyday so worthy that if I die young, I wouldn't be regret.

Make everyday special, today is the day.

No comments:

Post a Comment